Monday, October 24, 2011

Diamond Bag and Scrap Crochet Project

I made this crewel embroidery + reverse applique into a bag! In the same size and structure with the vintage  Nordic sweater bags.


The sides and bottom of this bag is crocheted with Worsted weight wool yarn. The yarn is mixed color of gray and white so it gives kind of tweed looking texture.


This bag is now listed in my Etsy shop.

Speaking of crochet, I would like to show you some work in progress photos of another project which I actually finished yet. I Think it will give some ideas to someone who saves lots of scrap yarns for making something someday later and didn't find a good use for them yet.

I got these pure wool yarn (actually they are for needle point) in many colors from my aunt in law. She used to make fabulous needle work pieces but now she thinks that is too much work for her eyes so she gave it away to me. I have been thinking how to use them up. Since I am not a "Needle Point" person I had to find some other good use for them.

Then, anyways I started crocheting with those yarns. I had to connect yarns every twenty inches or so. It was kind of tiring work but also changing color at random was fun to do.

This  is how it looks like when crocheting was done. I made this in a belt pouch eventually. I am going to list the finished item in my shop soon. So you will see it soon in both this blog and my shop.

I got lots of yarn excess. It will make good wool felted ball. I just can't waste anything like this. 

We had a beautiful Monday here in South Bend Indiana. I hope you had a great start of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment